Related pages
You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of Evoq Content. Please contact for information on how to obtain a valid license.
You are here : Food  >  Food Permits

Food Permits

The Snohomish Health District wants to help you get your business up and running with all of the proper permits to ensure your food establishment meets state regulations for food safety. Additional information on permitting for food establishments is contained on the Temporary Food Booths page and on the Starting a Food Business page.

Snohomish County food permits and renewals

In order to operate a food service establishment, you must apply for an annual permit. Permits are valid from January 1 through December 31. New permits issued on or after the following dates will be discounted as follows:

  • April 1: 75% of the annual permit fee
  • July 1: 50% of the annual permit fee
  • October 1: 25% of the annual permit fee

A permit is required for the following establishments: restaurants, food concession stands, bakery, food caterer, grocery, limited groceries, private clubs, retail meat/fish dealers, taverns, temporary food booths and vending machines (with potentially hazardous food). The food service establishment permit is also used for changes in ownership.

Applications for food permits

Contact us

Food Safety

3020 Rucker Ave., Suite 104
Everett, WA 98201


8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday

Did you know?

The late charge for annual food service establishment permits is $300.